CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Badger State Games

It's late on Sunday night, and I just got home from a crazy weekend. I'm exhausted from all the events that took place in the past four days, so hopefully I can stay awake long enough to complete this post.

I suppose I should begin by saying that I'm a Figure Skater. I'm also a Figure Skating Coach. Every year since I was in Middle School, I've attended the Badger State Games in the winter for Figure Skating. This year was no different.

The Figure Skating Competition at Badger State is huge. There are so many competitors that the competition takes place at three different rinks and runs all day Thursday through Sunday.

I skated in two events on Thursday (because, of course, both of my events would be scheduled perfectly so that I would have no choice but to miss every one of my classes at the start of the semester). For most of the remainder of the weekend I coached and helped prepare other skaters for their time on the ice. Everyone I coached did really well!!

As I said, I'm exhausted from the weekend, so that's all you get. Have a great night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really cool! I also skated for awhile and I think I made it through all the "basic classes" and took one advanced skating class. I never quite figured out how to do the jumps and I eventually didn't have time to take more classses in High School....

However, I am still very interested in the figure skating scene.
Keep me updated about your progress!

- Jia

Tina said...

I have always thought of figure skating to be such a beautiful sport. If you even call it a sport. But anyways, I have never met a figure skater before and I think it's awesome that I know one now. I have always loved watching skating on T.V. and I actually went to a show once and I absolutely loved it, but I never thought I would know someone who did this professionally and not just recreationally. I think it's awesome and I can't wait to see more pictures!