CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Roses and Wall Space



My awesome, incredible boyfriend bought me roses and a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day. Isn't he sweet?!?



I love the roses, because they look great on the end table next to my bed. Hopefully they last for a little while. They're so pretty!



Also, I came up with a fun idea to cover up some blank wall space and show off some of my favorite things:



The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it looks kinda cool on my wall. The bottom thing is just one of those cheap, picture holding bulletin boards that I got as a graduation present from High School. I just shoved some random pictures in it of friends and family. It's an easy way to display photos, and it's cheaper than buying a bunch of frames.



The shadow boxes I found at a craft store last year. They weren't too pricey, and I like them because they hold more than just a flat photo inside. In mine, I folded up some of my favorite T-shirts that were too tattered to wear, and I hung them on the wall so they could still be displayed. I just hung them in a random pattern, but there are probably many creative ways you could hang them.

4 comments:

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India said...

cool blog girl. all d best for u and richard!! lovely roses :)

Cheri said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog (and commenting!) I understand the poor college student deal..I have 3 children who are poor college students...and we are the poor parents of college students! It will all be worth it!

I love skating! I took lessons when I was in my late 30's and loved it. Now I'm afraid of falling!

Anonymous said...

the t-shirt idea is awesome!

I have some tshirts that I designed but are just hanging in my room... maybe I'll buy some boxed frames for them.

BadgerBuddy said...

I love your flowers! Are they still holding up?

I actually have one of those photo collages also and they are a nice cheap way to show off your pictures, like you said. Plus, it's really easy to change the photos often.

I really like your idea with your old t-shirts. I have a few old shirts that are too tattered to wear, but I can't bring myself to throw them out. Now I have another option. Thanks!