CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What in the world is a Webkinz?

I learn a lot doing all the Birthday Parties at Hero's. For example, kids are incredibly spoiled these days! Sometimes our parties run late because the Birthday child has way too many presents to open in the amount of time we give them. But who would have known that these kids would be getting 30 presents? I'm pretty sure I was lucky to get 8 presents when I was 5. I'm honestly a little jealous. There are some pretty awesome toys out there like Fashion Bratz Dolls and Hatching Dinosaur Eggs. But, hands down, the present I see way more than anything else are fuzzy, furry Webkinz toys.

I had no idea what all the hype was about. What in the world is a Webkinz, anyway? I mean, they were cute little stuffed animals, but why were they so incredible? I had to get to the bottom of this mystery, so I finally looked it up for myself. Webkinz are these little plush animals that the kids adopt online. So, what I kept seeing was a cute little plush pet that the kids were opening. But I didn't understand why these topped Barbie dolls. Was it the next Beanie Baby? No, with the stuffed animal, they get a special code that they plug into the Webkinz website. There is a whole Webkinz world online. It's the Facebook for Elementary Schoolers. It makes more sense to me now.

Anyway, the parents love these things too because they not only teach responsibility (since the kids have to take care of their pets), but also the website is totally kid friendly and personal information free. So, I guess you know what to give your six-year-old niece for her next birthday. Plus, I think the stuffed animals are adorable.

0 comments: